I've uploaded another Gundam model, following closely on the heels of Sazabi Formani. This one is called Hyakuri, from the newest Gundam tv show, Iron Blooded Orphans. This particular mech is piloted by Lafter Frankland, an energetic female who wears a white jacket overtop of a pink halter top, blue short shorts and white leggings. Normally, I wouldn't go into detail about that, but I felt using the color scheme of the pilot to base the mech onto only made sense. The character is a fiery, passionate, easily excitable fighter and I felt the drab olive tan and brown didn't suit the pilot at all, hence the fiercer white tiger patterning I used. The Hyakuri is a quick darting and hard hitting machine, strike fast and get out of there, all of which I took into consideration when deciding how to paint this model.
This was the first fully posable, plastic model I've painted and there were definitely a lot of new things to take into cosideration when painting this type of model. For example, all of the attachable and movable joints could only take a very, very light coating of paint. Any more than that and the build up interfered with the assembly and the motions of the limbs, something I knew going in, but still underestimated when painting. Resanding of several pieces was needed to put it all back together. Using things I had learned on previous models, I painted this in stages as well. First, I painted the skeleton parts and any standalone pieces, ie; anything that was a single click on piece with not seams or moving parts. Second I assembled the limbs and used glue to paint over any seams I wanted to erase. After the glue dried I sanded it down flush with the surface of the pieces, thereby eliminating the seam so two joined pieces now looked like one solid piece of armour. Gundam models are usually pretty decent at making sure seams are in easily hidable places if need be. Thirdly, taped off the pieces of the limbs I didn't want overspray to get onto, and painted the now seamless larger pieces of armour. Presto, fully painted body parts now ready for the more minute hand painting I was planning on doing. On some of the previous resin models I used a permanent black pen/marker for detail markings, but on this one, for the tiger stripes, the marker wasn't giving me the effect I wanted. After much trial and error, painting and repainting, I finally settled on the stripes you see on it now, each individually hand painted with a tiny tiny brush. Final assembly, touchups, resanding of some parts that still had paint bits interfering with clicking together of parts, and voila, a completed model.
It was a lot of fun to do, and as with nearly every other model I've done, I went through the initial excitement and eager anticipation at un boxing, to the rise and dips of frustration coupled with accomplishment until the last, final sense of relief and pride once done. Enjoy viewing it.
Mr. Lucidious~ Feeling like the journals are pointless, as I doubt anyone actually reads these. Ah well.